Caleb turned 9 yesterday! Holy cow, where does time go?! To think he started out at 5 lbs. 10 oz 9 years ago just blows my mind! He has always been the cutest little boy. Even as a newborn and an infant, people would comment everywhere we went about what a cute baby he was. Of course, I'm biased, but he really is a handsome boy...go figure, he looks just like his dad! Except his beautiful blue eyes, which is the only thing he got from me. He has always been very loving, and used to tell me multiple times a day that he loved me. Now it's only once or twice a day, if that! We have a little game we play, that goes something like this:
- Me: "I love you, Caleb."
- C: "I don't love you, Mom." (which he says with a little grin!)
- Me: "What happens to little boys who don't love their moms?"
- C: "They get tickled?"
- Then I tickle him 'til he yells, between giggles, "I love you, I love you, I love you!"
- This repeats until I'm too tired, or he can't stand being tickled anymore!
I also love to kiss his face off, which started the day he was born. Now he'll say, "Mom!" , like he's so embarrassed, or pretends he doesn't like it. I tell him to just get used to it, 'cuz I'll probably do it even as he's getting on a plane to serve a mission!
He's such a good boy, and his Dad and I are very proud of him and love him very much!
Happy Birthday, Caleb!
All of Cole's side of the family, plus my parents and 2 of my sisters and their families came to wish him happy birthday, as well. Thanks, guys! We have a very supportive family and appreciate all their love!
Opening presents while his cousins, Jaxton and Luke, watch closely.

1 comment:
I seriously can't believe we have nine-year-olds, but I sure love mine. Glad Caleb had a great birthday, and you're right--he's a very handsome boy!
Post a Comment